SP Flash Tool for MediaTek: What is it, Download, and How to Use it
ADB backup lets you back up your device’s data to a file on your computer. The Android Debug Bridge (adb) backup feature allows you to create a full backup of your Android device without having to root your device. This is a great way to create a backup of your device in case you ever need to factory reset your device or if you want to move your data to a new device. In the case when your device does not have ramdisk in boot images, Magisk has no choice but to hijack the recovery partition.
We’ve been listed as one of the top tech blog sites in the Philippines. But after a long hiatus this platform has expanded to more than just a blog. Backing up the ROM/Firmware from within the OS make things more efficient and easily accessible. Root solutions are completely fine by the way, just, no “Nandroid” as an answer please.
To obtain the stock Boot.img file for Huawei smartphones, extract the update.app file. Although you can grab the boot.img with above steps but this file maybe of no use. Because Samsung use Odin to flash firmware or recover and Odin only accept .md5 format. Even to root your Galaxy device with Magisk, you need to patch “AP_xxx.tar” via Magisk. The OZip file contains the Boot.img files for the Realme/Oppo firmware. To obtain the stock boot.img file, vendor patch, etc., you must extract the stock ROM file in OZIP format.
- That might include music, photos, documents, and your Google account data.
- At first, we’ll use CWM recovery to make a Nandroid backup on Android.
- While the download link for officially supported devices is mentioned below, some of these ROMs may have an unofficial port available for other devices as well.
- A stock ROM or firmware is official software developed by the device’s maker, especially for that device.
- However, you can always restore your device to its original stock ROM firmware and unroot it to claim warranty again.
- And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that.
Another way is to make a backup of your phone’s internal storage. There are a few different ways to backup your Android phone to your computer. One option is to use a third-party app such as Phone Backup & Restore or Google Drive. Another option is to use the built-in Android backup feature. On this page, you will find instructions on how to flash Stock ROM on Android Smartphone or tablet using LiveSuit application. Here you have the steps on how to use ADB Sideload on your Pixel 7/Pro to install the official firmware.
- So if your device gets bricked or boot looped, you only need to restore this backup and the device will be up and running.
- If your Android device gets bricked by following this guide, then we at Droid Thunder will not be responsible for that.
- You’ll have to find the one that you like the most in order to get the best experience.
- This includes the latest version v5.2020, as well as all previous versions.
The APK file for the corresponding apps would not be backed up and you would have to install the APK files before restoring the created backup. If you wish to include the APK files as well, you would have to uncheck the option. The app also lets you restore backed up data to your device. It’s extremely simple, completely free, and doesn’t require you root first.